We all know about the Nurburgring; after all it's only one of the greatest race-circuits ever conceived by man.
What you may not know is that it is in significant danger of being lost.
What's happened is the German government as well as a group of private investors has been attempting to turn the 'Ring into a Huge theme park. This was done based on false visitor statistics claiming millions of visitors a year when the truth is that Nurburgring is a ghost town most of the time.
What needs to be done?
- Seperate Nordschleife from ring park.
- Let the Nürburgring be used for motorsport.
- Value the great heritage and tradition, rather than roller coasters.
How can you help to Save The Ring?
- Tell your friends and spread the word, join us on Facebook (30.000 supporters in 3 weeks!)
- Keep yourself informed and question the official Nürburgring (= Lindner/Richter) communication.
- NEW: Sign the Online Petition drected to the European Commission (2.000 signatures in 2 days!)
- Write to European Commissioner Joaquín Almunia (joaquin.almunia [at] ec.europa.eu).
- When visiting the Ring, support local family businesses.
- Help to raise our voice, contribute ideas and actions, let's save the 'Ring!
This is a cause worth fighting for if you ask me.
Sources: Save The Ring & Save The Ring Facebook